The Gold Coast is bursting with things to do, attractions and activities to keep visitors busy, from beaches, the hinterland and outdoor adventure to theme parks, gourmet dining and seaside markets.
Discover everything Gold Coast and enjoy a range of experiences and entertainment with our insider guide to this unique city.
Gold Coast events – What’s On Calendar
Check out our interactive events calendar and never miss a thing on the Gold Coast. With all the latest events, activities, exhibitions, markets, sport, community, art, culture, music and much more.
Gold Coast music, festival and gig guide
Free activities and things to do on the Gold Coast
With its stunning natural environment and beautiful beaches, parks and hinterland, the Gold Coast is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream come true, with activities ranging from surfing and swimming in rock pools, to bushwalks and hiking in the picturesque countryside. You’ll never find a shortage of adventures that won’t cost you a cent.
- Where to find glow worms on the Gold Coast
- Ten hidden gems to escape the crowds
- Amazing waterfalls on the Gold Coast
- Gold Coast on a budget
Restaurants and dining
The Gold Coast is fast becoming the new inspiration for talented chefs and restaurateurs, as they embrace the lifestyle that is uniquely Gold Coast. Feel their passion for good food and drink, and join us on our journey as we share Gold Coast restaurant reviews, recipes and stories that will always leave you wanting more.
- 11 Amazing cafés on the northern end of the Gold Coast
- 16 vegetarian, vegan and organic local food haunts
- 10 great Gold Coast breakfasts
- 9 of the best fish and chips on the Gold Coast
Art and culture
Unearthing the creative heart of the Gold Coast. We cover the artists, projects, places and events that are making waves in our city. Check out some of the articles featuring our local pool of talent.
- The Rise of the Gold Coast Cultural Precinct
- Changing the City through Arts & Culture
- Gold Coast restaurants merging art and food
- Check out the latest Gold Coast Gig Guide
Gold Coast markets
Markets are as entrenched in the Gold Coast way of life as the sea, sand and surf. Check out our guide to all the markets on the Gold Coast.
From bargain-hunting vintage wares at beachside art & craft markets and sourcing the freshest local produce at one of the Gold Coast’s farmers markets, to sampling international street food at Miami Marketta, Chinatown Street Markets and NightQuarter, the city’s new culture and entertainment precinct; there’s something to suit every taste.
- The best Gold Coast markets
- Your guide to Ferry Road Markets
- Gold Coast Design Collective Markets
- Search for all markets in our events calendar
Shopping and precincts
A shopper’s heaven, the Gold Coast offers some serious retail therapy.
Sport and recreation
The Gold Coast is acknowledged as one of the best sport training locations in the world. As the host of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, the Gold Coast is undergoing large scale development including the new $41 million Gold Coast Aquatic Centre. Read all our Sporting articles and featured events.
- Gold Coast Swimming Superstars
- Top 5 nature activities on the Gold Coast
- Best bushwalks on the Gold Coast
- Gold Coast – A mecca for golfers
- Footy clubs kicking big goals for the city
- Southport Yacht Club becomes the envy of the nation
Theme parks and amusement
Fun comes naturally to the Gold Coast, with the largest and most spectacular theme parks and amusement activities on offer in the Southern Hemisphere. Theme parks include Movie World, Dreamworld, Sea World, Wet ‘n’ Wild and White Water World, with many other attractions on offer for all ages.
Wineries and breweries
The Gold Coast hinterland, along with Mount Tamborine, is home to some of Australia’s finest winegrowers, with its mesoclimates providing ideal conditions for producing exceptional vintages.
When it comes to brewing, you don’t need to go far to find some of the world’s best beer – Burleigh Brewing Co. were recently awarded a silver medal in the World Beer Championships, and the new Black Hops Brewery was placed 13th out of 118 beers in the Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular with their Kill Patrick brew. Not only that, Balter brewing has opened it’s doors in Currumbin.
- Craft beer movement takes off on the Gold Coast
- 11 Boutique Bars on the Gold Coast
- Gold Coast researchers making beer better for you
Accommodation and places to stay
The Gold Coast has a wide range of accommodation options to suit all budgets, ranging from high-end hotels and beach-side apartment rentals, to mountain-top retreats, caravan parks and backpacker hostels.
Gold Coast Tourist Parks are packed with facilities for all ages including free wireless internet, swimming pools (all heated during winter) as well as children’s playgrounds and barbecue areas.
Our partner, Gold Coast Tourism, provides a wealth of information about where to stay on the Gold Coast.