Chinatown Street Markets
Gold Coast Chinatown – in the heart of Gold Coast CBD – will come alive with Asian culture, children’s activities and entertainment. The Markets will offer a blend of cuisines from across Asia, or why not try one of the many restaurants in Gold Coast Chinatown and enjoy the atmosphere.
Operating from 5pm to 9pm, held on the first Saturday of every month until November when the Markets break for Christmas and recommence in February.
Bottled water will not be sold to help reduce the amount of waste produced at the event – instead, free water refills will be available so don’t forget to bring your own bottle.
- 9 February 2019 – Lunar New Year 4pm – 9pm
- 2 March 2019 - Chinatown Street Markets 5pm – 9pm
- 6 April 2019 - Chinatown Street Markets and Gold Coast Film Festival 5pm – 9pm
- 4 May 2019- Chinatown Street Markets 5pm – 9pm
- 1 June 2019 - Chinatown Street Markets/Diversity Gold Coast
We are reviewing the Chinatown events strategy, and we will provide further information shortly. Should you have any questions please contact the CBD Office on CBD@goldcoast.qld.gov.au or 1300 223 832.
Gold Coast Chinatown is located on Young and Davenport Streets in Southport.
Transport options include:
- Cycling: Ride your bike and receive a free bicycle maintenance check on event days
- Light rail: Ride the G and disembark at the Southport Station, Nerang Street.
- Bus: Contact Translink for bus transport options from different areas of the city.
- Taxi: Contact Gold Coast Cabs.
- Parking: Public parking is available at the Athol Paterson, Mal Burke and Carey Park car parks. Visit our City parking map for details.