There are over 4800 car parking spots within the CBD which have a variety of time limits and prices. Please download the CBD Parking Map (PDF) which illustrates the locations of these car parks.
G Link (Gold Coast Light Rail)
The G: runs 7 days a week from Gold Coast University Hospital to Broadbeach South with a total of 16 tram stations. Southport is lucky enough to have 7 of these stations, making the area accessible to all. Below lists the best station for certain locations/attractions:
- Gold Coast University Hospital: As the name suggests, this station is situated next to the Gold Coast University hospital and the Health and Knowledge Precinct. The Gold Coast University Hospital is a $1.75 billion, 750 bed hospital which provides new and expanded health care services, state of the art training facilities and on-site research facilities.
- Griffith University: This stop provides access to Griffith University which has grown into a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 5% of universities worldwide.
- Queen Street: Get off at this station for Owen Park which has numerous sporting fields, barbeques, picnic shelters and a playground for the k Southport Primary School, The Sporting Hall of Fame, Southport Pony Club and numerous other sporting clubs are easily accessible from this tram stop.
- Nerang Street: Get off here for a number of schools including St Hildas and TSS primary school as well as specialised medical facilities including Pacific Private Hospital
- Southport: Get off here for Chinatown, Australia Fair Shopping Centre, Southport CBD, Southport Court House and Australia Fair Metro. Southport Library, Broadwater Parklands, the Gold Coast Aquatic Centre and TAFE are easily accessible from this station also. Explore the multitude of facilities that Southport has on offer from this tram stop.
- Southport South: This stop is situated by the Southport RSL, and is a short walk to the Southport Community Centre, and a number of legal businesses and restaurants.
- Broadwater Parklands: Get off at this stop to explore the beautiful Broadwater Parklands. This stop is also close to sporting fields and the Queens Parks Tennis Centre.
For more information on the G Link, visit ridetheg.com.au.