Win a red carpet viewing experience at the 2019 TV Week Logies for 2
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by the Council of the City of Gold Coast of 10-12 Karp Court Bundall, Queensland (“Promoter”). This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are permanent residents of the Gold Coast Local Government Area; and (ii) who are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) who are over 18 years of age and upon the request of the Promoter, provide written consent to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Entrant”).
4. The Competition commences at 9am AEST Friday 31 May and closes at 12pm on Friday 14 June.
5. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
6. There is no cost to enter the Competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
7. Multiple entries are not accepted.
8. This is a game of chance, skill plays no part. At the conclusion of the Entry Period, on [14 June] ten (10) Entries will be randomly selected each being a prize winner of the Competition (the “Prize Winner”). This random selection will be done by a panel.
9. The Promoter’s decisions in administering the Competition are final and binding upon all Entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to enter
10. To enter, Entrants must:
a. Within the Entry Period, enter in contact details on the Promoter’s competition page: www.wearegoldcoast.com.au.
Entries not submitted through the Promoter’s competition page will not be included in the Competition.
Prizes and winners
11. The Prize Winners will be announced and notified via phone contact no later than the 21/06/2019. The Prize Winner notification will state the prize that has been won and will include instructions as to how the Prize Winners are to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The prize winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that he/she satisfies the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to condition 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
12. The names of the Prize Winners will be published on the City of Gold Coast Facebook contest post within 48 hours of the prize being won, for a period of at least 1 week.
13. Each Prize Winner will forfeit the prize if s/he does not claim the prize by contacting the Promoter within forty eight (48) hours of it being made available for his/her collection.
14. The Prize for each Prize Winner is 2 x tickets to the TV Week Logies on the Gold Coast – Bleacher Seating.
Note: ‘Access to the red carpet’ refers to viewing of the celebrities on the red carpet; there is no access to walk the red carpet. This prize does not include entry in the actual Logies event it is designated seats in the bleachers alongside the red carpet only.
15. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the content (“Content”) they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (c) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; (d) they will comply with the terms and conditions of use as required by Facebook; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any loss, damage or claim suffered by the Promoter or by any third party arising from a breach of these terms.
16. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
17. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); (v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the prize.
Release for promotional activities
18. By entering in the contest, each Prize Winner agrees that the Promoter may post the Prize Winner’s entry on the Promoter’s own Facebook page, plus promoting on the Promoter’s Instagram and Twitter accounts without prior permission.
19. Contact details gathered from the Competition may be used for promotional and marketing purposes in future.
Exclusion of liability
20. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing Instagram and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
22. All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the Prize Winners accept the prizes at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and Entrants indemnify the Promoter in respect of, any loss (including damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant in connection with the Competition or prize.
23. Where an Entrant provides personal information to the Promoter, noting that the Entrant’s participation in the competition is voluntary, the personal information will be used by the Promoter to administer the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entrant’s personal information will be stored securely and except as provided for in these terms and conditions, will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are authorised or required by law.